Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Another Sweater. I know...

Please forgive the "I'm so cool" facial expression.  I was thinking about cookies.  The eyebrow is definitely saying, "Cookies? Hmmm...  Mmmm.  I love cookies."  I only ever stop thinking about cookies when I'm preoccupied with cake.  Cake trumps cookies.  True story.


Clearly, I've been keeping my hands busy.  Otherwise, I find it hard to sit still and pay attention to things.  My only rule lately for making clothes is that it has to be something I can wear for teaching, or made entirely from materials I already have on hand.  So while I *did* buy yarn for this one, I can wear it to school meaning it passes muster.  Saw the colour - brown and green and pink all together -  and become irrationally and inarguably convinced I needed to have it.


Vogue Knitting, Early Fall 2010.  Cropped cardigan. Knit on 10mm needles.  Took very little time.  Baby alpaca, two strands held together.  It's  SO soft, maybe a little too soft for this project, but you live, you learn.   (And you can't stop rubbing your arms for the tactile pleasure of a cozy knit beneath your fingers... If beds were made from alpaca, none of us would ever get out of them.)

6 comments:

  1. Love it. Did you cut your hair? Our hair is nearly the same color. Woo hoo! Gorgeous sweater. I want one of my own....

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a super cute sweater!!
    I still have my first sweater on the needles. It's been there for over two years now. The problem was the pattern I chose - not a very good pattern, full of mistakes and that's not cool when it's your first sweater.
    You've inspired me though, maybe I'll pick it up again cause it's a shrug - kinda similar to this one!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it! Makes me wish I could knit. Any chance there will be some at your etsy shop???

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice fit, and I like the cables to add texture.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so so cute! I love the arm cables. You are a knitting fiend these days. I didn't notice that pattern in Vogue. I will have to take a second look.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love comments? I appreciate every single one and try to reply to each. Unless you're a no-reply commenter. Then I can't. And I have a little sad moment. Like a dropped ice cream cone. So if you're a no-reply commenter and have a question, check the comment thread and I'll try to reply there. :-)