Sunday, November 15, 2009

The Shop has Opened: A Day of Photographs and Clooney


Well, after (hopefully) getting my photography sorted out and learning the technical details of etsy as I go....

I have opened up my etsy shop. ( Insert exclamations, yawns, or expressions of your choice here. I choose a "Yaaaaaaaaayyyyyyy!" in the style of one Kermit D. Frog complete with flailing arms and puppet master.)

It has been longer in coming than I had planned, what with the particularly odd couple of weeks I have had - I won't bore you with the mundanities of it all because they just aren't interesting. :-) Today, however, was devoted almost entirely to getting my little venture (venture?) up and running with a brief timeout to see The Men Who Stare At Goats. (1 [me] out of 5 of us really enjoyed it - 5 out of 5 thought it was weird.) I plan to spend the rest of the evening adding the few items I have ready to go right now.

As an aside, a preview for a movie featuring George had a woman talking to a friend about how she didn't think that way about him because he was old. All I can say is that George Clooney would have to get quite a bit older before I stopped thinking of him that way. :-) Swooney Clooney has had me since The Facts of Life....

8 comments:

  1. Woo Hoo for you Carly! You nailed it with the Kermit exclamation. Congrats on the new shop! It looks great! I wish you mucho success! And Swooney Clooney? Never heard that one before, but I like it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on the shop! Cheers!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on your new etsy shop and best of luck! I love your pretty handbags -- the pleats and buttons are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations on your shop! I love your bags.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congrats on the shop! It is a lot of work getting started, isn't it? And a tad scary figuring it out as you go. But I have a feeling you'll do well. Your bags are really cute, great fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been hooked since Facts of Life, too. :)

    Congrats on your etsy shop!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congratulations!! It looks fantastic. I've hearted you and all your fabulousness. :D

    ReplyDelete
  8. congrats on the shop! your bags are gorgeous. i love them. and I love their names!

    clooney was on facts of life? I may have to revisit a few episodes.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love comments? I appreciate every single one and try to reply to each. Unless you're a no-reply commenter. Then I can't. And I have a little sad moment. Like a dropped ice cream cone. So if you're a no-reply commenter and have a question, check the comment thread and I'll try to reply there. :-)