Thursday, December 24, 2009
Sunday, December 20, 2009
Candy and cookies and icing - oh my!!
Friday, December 18, 2009
A few weeks ago, my mother participated in one of those email recipe exchanges....
This was one of the recipes she received in return! Enjoy!!
Christmas Cookie Recipe
1 cup of water
1 tsp baking soda
1 cup of sugar
1 tsp salt
1 cup of brown sugar
4 large eggs
1 cup nuts
2 cups of dried fruit
1 bottle Crown Royal Whiskey
- Sample the Crown Royal to check quality.
- Take a large bowl, check the Crown Royal again, to be sure it is of the
highest quality, pour one level cup and drink.
- Turn on the electric mixer...Beat one cup of butter in a large fluffy
- Add one teaspoon of sugar...Beat again.
- At this point it's best to make sure the Crown Royal is still OK, try
another cup.. just in case.
- Turn off the mixer thingy.
- Break 2 leggs and add to the bowl and chuck in the cup of dried fruit.
- Pick the frigging fruit off floor...
- Mix on the turner.
- If the fried druit gets stuck in the beaterers just pry it loose with a
- Sample the Crown Royal to check for tonsisticity.
- Next, sift two cups of salt, or something.... who giveshz a sheet.
- Check the Crown Royal.
- Now shift the lemon juice and strain your nuts.
- Add one table.
- Add a spoon of ar, or somefink.... whatever you can find.
- Greash the oven.
- Turn the cake tin 360 degrees and try not to fall over.
- Don't forget to beat off the turner.
- Finally, throw the bowl through the window.
- Finish the bottle of Crown Royal.
- Make sure to put the stove in the dishwasher.
Tuesday, December 15, 2009
Saturday, December 12, 2009
That's a glance at the weather here for you. I snapped it on Tuesday just before sunset. As much as the cold can be bitter, there is something sublime about frost that lingers thickly whether the sun shines or no'.
Tuesday, December 8, 2009
Sunday, December 6, 2009
Wednesday, December 2, 2009
That's right! My mittens were featured today on Mireio Designs with some other very awesome stuff for holiday giving! You can check it out here.
Tuesday, December 1, 2009
Sunday, November 29, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
Sunday, November 22, 2009
Saturday, November 21, 2009
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Sunday, November 15, 2009
Well, after (hopefully) getting my photography sorted out and learning the technical details of etsy as I go....
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Sunday, November 8, 2009
It was a weekend of moving through things, progressing through stages but not actually getting to finish much. I'm working on inventory for the shop and a couple of experimental felting ideas. I began making some birthday and holiday gifts, which I can't describe here and now, but I need to adapt what I'm working on at any one given moment based on who's around and who's likely to show up - one doesn't want to set up a sewing zone only to have Giant Niece Dog come bounding through the garage door an hour later. She doesn't mean to charge but she does love her Auntie Carly and gets excited. She outweighs me now so I need to lower my centre of gravity before she gets within hugging range. :-)