Sunday, February 26, 2012

Runner. No, definitely not me.

As in, I don't run.  Unless I'm being chased and am uninterested in being caught.  Today, I would kill to be able to run as I suffered some sort of back trauma early Friday and have been an invalid since.  My time on the computer has been limited as the weight of the laptop has caused problems.  Lapcat has faced limited time as well, much to his chagrin.

I do have photos of the project I completed last weekend.  My mother requested a table runner for her birthday and I had yet to begin it.  I kept asking what colours and patterns she wanted and she didn't answer.  Then she saw the baby quilt I made for my Long-Suffering friends and liked those fabrics, which I happily and thankfully had the presence of mind to stash.  Pattern? She didn't care. So I just started cutting....
....and sewing....
....and playing around...
....until I had this:

No quilting on this one since she wanted it to lay flat.  It's 19x80" more or less and backed in a simple off-white Kona. Hometown by Sweetwater with a mottled green fabric which I purchased long before I began paying any attention to fabric names. She loves it. She's forbidden Father to go anywhere near it with anything that could drip or stain.

Well, I have not managed to get much work done on the papers I wanted to tackle this week.  I may not get to school tomorrow. Profs have been notified, student council meeting regrets sent, and Skittles liberally applied.  I have managed to get some hexagons and kites sewn, however, for the homework quilt.  Nothing like being unable to operate your beloved sewing machine to finally turn you to English paper-piecing.  :-) I'll have an update on that project next post.

Enjoy the Oscars!

6 comments:

  1. It's beautiful. I'm sorry you're feeling so poorly. I hope you heal quickly!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Running. It's beneficial when being chased by a lion. Other than that, I'm yet to be convinced. I hope you get well soon though. Back pain is not fun :(

    Love the table runner. Your photos are reminding me once again how pretty that fabric range is.

    ReplyDelete
  3. very nice quilt!

    i hope you are feeling better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a great idea - a quilted table runner. And I love your fabric choices. Your mom must be thrilled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful table runner. I'm sure your mother loves it!

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love comments? I appreciate every single one and try to reply to each. Unless you're a no-reply commenter. Then I can't. And I have a little sad moment. Like a dropped ice cream cone. So if you're a no-reply commenter and have a question, check the comment thread and I'll try to reply there. :-)