Sunday, October 4, 2009

It's not a bird, or a plane... It's a ..???

Raindrops through the windshield. Auto-focus can be a wonderful thing. When you think you're taking a picture of one thing, you end up taking a picture of something else entirely. I can't even remember why I wanted to snap this sculpture and looking at it now... I can't remember exactly what the sculpture was. It looks a little odd now - what is going on in bronze? Is it a two-man shimmy song and dance routine? An arrest of a drunken cowboy by the upright Mountie? What is that?

Reminds me.... I need to clean my glasses.

My over-all point is that is still raining here. The sky has been this exotic non-colour since I returned from Beaver Creek last Tuesday. It drizzles off and on with the rain swelling and subsiding like a prairie tide but the non-colour of the sky remains. It's not unlike the dingy sweat sock laid out next to the bright white sock in the old bleach commercials. We have a dingy sweat sock sky.

Smells considerably fresher, however.



1 comment:

  1. Hi, it's Molly from Both Fires. I have enjoyed reading through your blog.

    Autofocus....... makes me think about seeing the things right in front of our faces that we sometimes miss. And reminds me that I need to clean my glasses, too.

    Enjoy the rain.

    ReplyDelete

Who doesn't love comments? I appreciate every single one and try to reply to each. Unless you're a no-reply commenter. Then I can't. And I have a little sad moment. Like a dropped ice cream cone. So if you're a no-reply commenter and have a question, check the comment thread and I'll try to reply there. :-)